Ground Zero

Exile In Chapters

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Untitled

I say to you the grass came up
from the concrete there
in the night, from the porch
I saw brave little blades.
Water moved silently, covertly
and sometimes it sprayed-not
cognizant of our being there.
I say to you the sky is blue
wherever you go and the night
is in every shadow and night
is without one except when
for sure, she is full. She is so full.
I say to you the insects
consume particular parts and leave
others for the readings.
I say to you shells
are there for the taking,
a greed that carries on
but from where, we do not know.
I say to you the graves
are still occupied by their owners
night and day, they labor on.
I say to you a dream can last
a lifetime and eventually
it loses the leaves of invention
the colors and the faces disappear.
I say to you in limbo we are contained
butterflies in jars, crystal windows
cannot relieve much but the passage
of pressure and air and yet they break
with the entry of grass through concrete, the pummel
of oceans, the magnanimity of fists.
Enter through the door only,
do not enter through the apse
nor the cornice nor the transom.
I say to you thieves cannot take a soul
but some say they do where diamonds
are concerned, some say they do.
I say to you the sky
is blue wherever you are and the clouds
rebuild as often as rain pours
on the metropolis of the dead and the dying.
I say to you not shyly mind you....not shyly.
I say you are no longer purifying
the parts that produce the violent augars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home